Jan 22, 2007

Just another manic Monday

Several tidbits to get you caught up.

- The Giants hired a new defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, the Eagles' linebackers coach for the past 3 seasons. During those seasons, Philly's D was ranked:
Total defense (NFL rank): 10th ('04), 23rd ('05), and 15th ('06)
Sacks (NFL rank): 2nd ('04), 26th ('05), and 8th ('06)
Takeaways (NFC rank): 7th ('04), 8th ('05), and 6th ('06)
Not exactly great, but at least aggressive.

- Two great games yesterday. I know the Saints lost by 25 points, but it was closer than the final score. If Nawluhns doesn't fumble twice in the first half, it's a totally different ballgame. That was some TD by Reggie Bush. What an exciting player! As for the AFC, that was just a classic game. I'm going to Boston for a Superbowl party, and I was dreading watching the game with a room full of Pats fans. I was rooting so hard for Indy yesterday, you'd have thought they were my team (and not the Giants). It was actually similar to the 2004 ALCS: the biggest rivalry in the sport, and the favorite goes up by a lot, only to see their opposition (who was known for choking in the playoffs) come up big and mount a huge comeback. Only this time it was Boston doing the choking. Life is funny...

- Major League Baseball is about to sell the out-of-market television rights exclusively to DirecTV. Meaning if you live outside the NYC area, you won't see any Yankee games unless you have DirecTV. With the possibility that I may be moving out of the NYC area, this will have a large effect on me.

- Pete Abraham has a good article on Ca$h Money. The future is in good hands.

- As I drove to work this morning on the Deegan, I saw a surreal image. The crane building the new Yankee Stadium was towering over the current (old) Stadium. Just an image of the changing times...

- But I did see the exterior sign on the Stadium: '23 days until Pitchers and Catchers.' Aight!

No comments: