Oct 17, 2007

Arod willl NOT be pursued

by the Yankees if he opts-out, according to Cash Money. Apparently he recommended and convinced Yankee management of this opinion, which he's been stating all year. Good for him. Boras has suckered in how many franchises over the years into overpaying for his clients - but now that the biggest (and richest) team in the sport is out of the running (excluding a pre-opt-out extension of course), the price tag could drop precipitously. Hopefully this coerces the power couple (Arod and Boras, or Aras, or maybe Borod) to sign a modest extension to stay in New York.


PS: I actually have Scott Boras' cell and home phone numbers (assuming he hasn't moved or changed numbers in the last 3-4 years). Don't ask me how I got them because I don't want anyone to get in trouble (I'm not supposed to have them), but if I were to ever call him, what would I say? Any suggestions?

No comments: