Feb 3, 2008

The Promised Land

19 and zero doesn't sound quite as good as 18 and ONE. I STILL can't believe it. No other team feels better to defeat than the (previously) undefeated Boston Patriots. No better way to end a magical season.

Don't forget you read it here first: my prediction was 35-31 Giants, but what the hell, I'll take it anyway.

I can't describe the feeling I had (maybe I can: overwhelming joy) when Tom Brady's 4th & 20 pass sailed over his receiver's head with one second left and the celebration started. Not only did the Jints slay Goliath, but it was one of the greatest games I've ever seen (no doubt one of the best in NFL history). I plan to rewatch it countless times during my life.

The G-Men become the first New York team to capture a title since the 2001 WS loss and the 2004 LCS collapse. This will definitely lessen the pain from those events.

Peyton, 2007 World Champ, now Eli - although he won MVP, Steve Spagnuolo really deserves it. Holding the Pats to 14 points was unheard of before tonight.

I owe my cousin and his family a dinner (for undisclosed reasons, he brought the Giants luck) which I'll gladly treat them to when I see them.

See y'all in a few days, when it's not costing .75/minute to get online.

Really just one word: un-fucking-believable!

No comments: