Apr 21, 2007

Phil Hughes profile

Before today's FOX game (whose presentation of sports and especially baseball I cannot stand (which results in a muted TV)), read up on the future of the rotation -

Many minor leaguers might consider the label "Top-ranked prospect" a glorious burden because of the extremely high expectations that accompany it. Not so with Phil Hughes, Scranton Wilkes-Barre's 20-year-old right-hander.

Hughes, a native of southern California, is not only the top pitching prospect in the Yankees' organization, but is widely considered the No. 1 prospect in baseball.

"I have high expectations for myself," he admits, dismissing any pressure. "There are thousands of other people who would want to be in my shoes. I'm fortunate to be blessed with the situation I'm in. High expectations happen to go along with it."

Continued here.

No comments: